Monday, March 29, 2010

A beautiful week ahead

Last Friday I uploaded another video to the website.

http://www.agreportsnetwork.com/cms/
(Kyle Wendland, Northeast Iowa)

I drove to St. Louis over the weekend to watch Northern Iowa play in the NCAA Tournament. (Good season Panthers). On the drive I saw two anhydrous applicators running in east central Iowa, but nothing any further south, and nothing happening in Missouri.

While I was gone Liddle (a tiling and excavating company) came and put in some tile for me. I have a 10 +/- acre pasture that will be getting torn up for the first time this spring, but had to wait for it to get the tile put in first.

The week ahead looks promising for picking rock, finish up hauling corn, and getitng some maintenance done on my equipment to be ready for spring. Although the weather is beautiful, I do not intend to plant any corn before April 15th, due to uncertainty going forward in the weather....it is still early. I recall planting beans one year on May 5th, and the ground got covered with snow.....which made it very easy to see the gauge marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment