Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Planting progress

So, when I got rained out and made it to the end of the field that acre counter stopped at 666.73, out of the 890 acres of corn I have to plant, and the 1040 total acres I have to plant. Been a long week (calculated that I worked just shy of 120 hours last week) but I got a lot done so I'm happy. Still tired this morning.

Most in my area are on their last day of corn if not wrapping it up. We got between .75 and 1 inch yesterday (in about a half hour). It POURED!! Even had a little small hail. We were getting nice and dry, so a lot should soak in, and today should be a good drying day. So I was hoping to get back planting today. I got 140 acre tilled and would take me about 9 hours to plant ( I got a little screwing around to do to get refilled for the next field). More than likely it will not get fit to till my next 80 until after this next front moves through.
Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment